Monday, August 31, 2015

Time is Short



So basically, in the mission time is really short, and it´s flying by way too fast. I already have two weeks in a different area, and this week I hit my 6 month mark. Tomorrow I only have year left, how? The mission really is amazing, like I first heard from my brother, you´ll never regret serving a mission, and that´s for sure.

I don´t know how many times I can say that Cacahoatán is beautiful, but holy cow it´s beautiful. I love that I´m not in the city anymore, the people here are super nice too, and we have a huge area with tons of people to teach and we feel like we have no time to do it. I was telling my companion this week that for us to travel to one of our areas, it´s 45 minutes to an hour, which is basically going to another city at home (cedar city). How crazy is that! Hopefully I´ll be able to send more pictures another week, because we didn´t really take any...

So this week we have focused a lot on Matthew 19. For my plaque at home I chose Matthew 19:26  "26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

I´ve always liked this scripture because it´s true, with God, all things are possible. But we´ve been focusing a lot on the story before this scripture. It´s about the rich young man that came to Christ and asked him how he could obtain eternal life. Christ told him that he needed to keep the commandments, which the young man had always done. Then... 

  20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

As missionaries, are we willing to give up all that we have to serve the Lord and follow him? As memebers of the church, are we willing to follow Christ and give up our pride? I´ve come to love this story, and it´s really helped me to reflect on what I can change in this short time I have left in the mission, so I can truly help others. 

Love you guys! I love hearing from you, and I´m sorry if I don´t have time to write back, but I´m working on it. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment