Monday, August 3, 2015

Change of Attitude

So this week has been pretty normal. Just still keeping up with our visits and trying to help our investigators the best that we can. Some days it´s hard and some days fly by, but it´s all worth it to be here. For myself, I´ve had a lot of time to think of what I´m doing here, and how I can be better. This week has been hard mentally, and physically. I don´t think I´ve ever been so tired yet. Basically, I wake up at 4 or 5 every morning and can´t fall back asleep, or like today... 1:30. At the beginning of the week I was pretty mad everytime that this happened. Because every night I´ve prayed that I could learn what I need to learn from all of these trials, and I´ve asked for help with being able to sleep. But then later in the week we ate with a member that just got back from her mission in October, and even though nothing had to do what I was going through, one thing really hit me. We should never get mad at Heavenly Father, or our saviour Jesus Christ. Christ has suffered so much for each and every one of us, and they are both always trying to help us, always.

There are always things that we can change. For me, it´s my attitude towards my trials, and trying to learn how I can be better. "Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure." So now I´ve used the time I can´t sleep to read, especially the general conference talks, and it´s helping so much. And to just focus on loving the people, because without love, we aren´t inviting the spirit into the lessons, because we´re not doing the work to help them, we´re just doing the work to do the work. "When someone else´s happiness is your happiness, that is love." 

I´m really grateful for each lesson we´re able to learn through our trials. Yes they´re hard, but they´re needed in our lives. Heavenly Father knows us perfectly, and he´s only waiting for us to come to him, arms open wide. Yes, I´m really tired every day, but when we come in at night, I feel like I´m actually giving it my all. I know the lord is with us every step of the way on our missions, and in our lives, if only we invite him. 

I love you. I can´t believe how fast the time is going. In no time these 13 months are going to be over. I hope you have a good week, and I hope that you can find a way to serve someone else this week, and show your Christlike charity for them. 

Love, Hermana Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment