Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Adventures!!!

 Hermana Leavitt & Hermana Ruvalcaba

El Aguacero

This week has had a lot of changes for me, and let´s just say I´m in a much better mood than I have been for a long time. 

So in our mission, every six months we have an activity as a mission. So on Thursday, all the missionaries in Tuxtla went to the waterfall El Aguacero, it was basically the most fun day in the mission. To get to the waterfall, you had to go down over 700 stairs, walk through the river a little bit, it was awesome. It´s so beautiful here! I was super stoked to go and be away from the city for a little bit. I forgot how much I love hiking... We played some volleyball and frisbee and stuff too. Then the fun part, we had to go back up the 700 and something stairs. It wasn´t too bad for me, but my comp would say otherwise. I tried to count how many there actually were. And I got to 553, then we were talking with President George and his wife, and then I forgot after that. Sad day. Afterward all the missionaries went to the stake center and some of us played basketball. It was pretty much like I was at home. Haha basically my companion thinks I´m crazy because I wasn´t really sore the next day, and she could barely walk... 

Well health wise things are better. I think it was Saturday, I woke up in a good mood, and I´ve basically been in a good mood since. I think it´s because I´m sleeping again, but who knows. 

In reality, I´m so grateful to be here. I don´t know how many days I just stop and think that I´m here in a different country, talking in spanish, and sharing the gospel. Yeah it´s been challenging, but I´ve never been happier. The time is flying, I really can´t believe it. I´ve only got a little over a year to have this time dedicated to share the gospel, and I don´t want to lose a minute of it. It really is the best thing that I could be doing right now. 

I love you guys!

Love, Hermana Leavitt 

No comments:

Post a Comment