Monday, August 17, 2015

Cambios!

This week has been funny and spiritual and lots of change. I´ll start with the obvious first, we had cambios and ya, I´m gone.It´s weird, but you can honestly feel when you´re going to leave. Now i´m in Tapachula, it´s more by the coast, it´s about a seven hour bus ride, so lots of sleeping today. My area now is Cacahoatan, and everyone is telling me that you can see the Guatemalan mountains.... Pretty much the only other thing people told me too was it´s hotter, rains more, and more mosquitos, but I´m honestly really excited to learn more although it was hard saying goodbye. My new companion is Hermana Castillo, she´s from Bolivia. Ive  only known her for an hour but she´s really sweet and i´m excited to work with her.She says our area is awesome, and beautiful. I´m excited:)

Ok, a funny experience this week. So we had contacted a group of kids one night that live close to eachother. One day we were trying to find one of the kids when we saw across the street that the other was home, door open and all. So we started to cross the street when we see one of the kids jump off their couch, and run and shut the door yelling, no no no no no! oh, and turning out the lights too. We just stood there in the middle of the street laughing so hard. You could still hear the kids inside, shhh...nobody´s here. We then took out a card and wrote on it that jesus loves you, and slid it under the door. 10seconds and it flys back out. So we slide it under again, and again it´s back out. It was all just really funny, I think we laughed for 10 minutes straight. 

This week we had the opportunity to go to the temple, which I´m really grateful for now that I´m in Tapachula, because we can´t go as much since it´s so far away. It was really just a good experience. Go to the temple! It´s beautiful!

I´ll send pictures next week....

I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment