Thursday, June 18, 2015

Flip Flop Week

Well this week was definitely all over the place for sure. It started out last p-day after we got back to our house from getting groceries and what not that I had the stomach flu. So pretty much all afternoon I was pretty miserable. But shout out to Hermana Dansie! She cleaned our house, washed my clothes along with hers (and that´s handwashing), and practically fought our flooding house, all meanwhile taking care of me too. So it also rained that day, and we have an enclosed patio that it all tile. There´s a drain but it´s pretty small so all the water built up like 4 or 5 inches, and it started coming in the house, it was definitely a sight to see. Tuesday I slept. For nine hours. Hermana Dansie was really bored. We pretty much got up at 6:30, I studied until 9 then slept. Then I woke up at 12 and we went to teach a lesson and ate at a members house. Then we came back and I slept until 9 that night. It was pretty funny, I walked out of our room and immediately hear, "Holy crap Sleeping Beauty is alive!" 

There were also special changes this week with our elders, and so we have a new district leader. We think he´s pretty awesome. Except for the fact last night he called us, to talk to us about our goals, but he first started out by saying that there were special changes and I was going to Tapachula, a different area. But then he laughed and said it was a joke, but I´m pretty sure our hearts were still racing for a while. This week too we also had exchanges, and I stayed in our area again while Hermana Dansie went to the other again. It was a pretty cool day in honesty. The cool thing for me was that I was able to understand practically everyone, not just one or two people. But then there were also some miracles that day too. For one, one of the recent converts came out with us for a couple lessons. Usually he´s not too excited about coming out, but ever since, he´s just said that he´ll come with us whenever we need him. It´s cool to see the change just after coming to two lessons. We´re hoping that he´ll decided to go on a mission, but he still has a long time because he was baptized in April, the week before I got here. The other miracle was that we were looking for a new investigator, and I looked in my planner for their address and I read a street name so we walked there. We walked up and down it but couldn´t find the house, and hermana Dansie wasn´t there so I couldn´t just ask her. Then it started to rain pretty hard and we didn´t have any umbrellas, but a family just invited us into their house so we were able to share a little bit and they said we could come back. After that I looked in my planner again for the new investigator we were looking for, and the street name was completely different than what I had read before. I´m pretty sure we were meant to find this family, I can´t wait to visit with them again. 

Then to top off the week we had a baptism! Our convert´s name is Genaro. It´s been really cool to see his progress and be able to help him to learn the gospel and understand it. He´s awesome! Pretty much with every commandment that we taught him, he just said he´d live it, and there weren´t ever any problems. He´s a wrestler, and a trainer too. He told us the other day that he can bench about 400 lbs and squat 660 lbs. So don´t worry, even if it was dangerous here, we´ve got a body guard. 

I hope you´re all doing well, and always trying to be better. That was one thing I learned in exchanges, is to never be content with your testimony. Sometimes as members we just feel like we´ve gained our testimony and we´re good, but we can always be strengthening it. 

Love ya!

Hermana Leavitt


No comments:

Post a Comment