Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Real World

Wow, I can't believe the time has come and I'm leaving to Tuxtla on Monday. I'm probably going to be lost for a week, or more, and I probably won't understand anyone for a while, but we can all tell that it's definitely time for us to go out into the field. 

It really stinks to say goodbye though. It's like leaving home again, but it's going to happen every six weeks, so I better get used to it. We hope that in two years we can all meet up again, but the part that stinks is that we're probably never going to see our teachers again, and they've made some really great impacts on us. 

How was General Conference! It was a really cool experience in the MTC! It was cool to have specific questions answered. I think my favorite session was probably Sunday morning, I really liked Brent H. Nielson's talk about the parable of the prodigal son. It's always been one of my favorite parables. And of course I liked Elder Holland's talk right after, he always reminds me of home. And he talked about Saint George and rockclimbing, so how could I not love it! But I know that Christ does know each of us personally, and that he knows what we are going to do and is there to help us. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ, and that he would perform the Atonement for each and every one of us so that we never have to be alone in our times of pain, and so that we are able to repent and try to become like him and live with our Heavenly Father again. 

Earlier this week as a district we studied Ether 2. It is really a cool chapter, and it's amazing how when you try to understand the verse itself you can learn so much from it. We probably only read 5 or 6 verses but we talked about it for over half an hour, I love our Book of Mormon study time. Something that I really learned was that we need to trust in the Lord. When Heavenly Father asks us to do something, he will provide a way. Sometimes we have to be tested though and try to find that way by our own means. But as long as we do our best, Heavenly Father will make up for the part that we fail to achieve, and it's by the grace of the Atonement this is able to happen. 

I love you all, and I'm really grateful for each and every one of you. Have a great week!

Hermana Leavitt 

​Sunrise's are beautiful in the mornings. Plus the time changed this weekend so we're up an hour earlier and actually get to enjoy them. 


​There's this little stone that we walk by every day, so we figured we should take a picture with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment