Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Lots of Change


I almost forgot! 

1. New companions! Me, Hermana Ruvalcaba, Hermana Valenzuela
2. Hermana Dansie and I
3. We found a Utah license plate! 





Wow, I´ll be honest, this week has been a lot of stress, but I´ve learned a lot. 

So it started out with cambios, and Hermana Dansie left on Tuesday morning. We went to the bus station and she left around noon, then I waited with other missionaries for my companions to come. They came in around 4 that afternoon, Hermana Valenzuela and Hermana Ruvacaba. They´re awesome, they both have six months in the mission, and they were actually companions in the MTC. Hermana Valenzuela is from Guatemala, and Hermana Ruvacaba is from Monterrey. So I had this fear that pretty much I wasn´t going to talk much anymore, but I´ve learned that I actually have learned a lot and can talk a lot. They´re really patient with me too. 

Pretty much the coolest thing happened this week, we had another miracle. There´s one investigator that Hermana Dansie and I have been teaching since I got here, and her and her other companion were teaching her before I came too. There was a point that she had gained her testimony and was really interested, but then once again we went to visit her, about two weeks ago, and she basically said that everything was wrong and just fought with us on everything we taught (ten commandments, word of wisdom, keeping the sabbath day holy, etc.). After this lesson, we felt that we needed to leave her behind, that maybe it just wasn´t her time quite yet. But everytime that we tried to go visit her to leave her behind, she wasn´t home. As Hermana Dansie was preparing to leave I asked her what we should do, but she just kind of said that I´d have to go visit her and see how the lesson goes. Well after two weeks we (new companions)  were able to go visit with her, and it was a complete change. She said that the last thing she remembered us teaching her was about the sabbath day, and how she was so uncertain about it being on a Sunday rather than a Saturday. But then she said that one day she prayed about it and started reading her Book of Mormon, and that she read in 2 Nephi 33:10 where it says something like, this is my word. She said it just really hit her that it was right. She also told us that she hadn´t drunken coffee since that last lesson either. On our part it was bad, we didn´t even finish this lesson with her and invite her to do this, but she did it on her own. During this lesson with her the spirit was so strong, and it was really a testimony builder for me that Heavenly Father has a plan, and that things work out for a reason. I bore my testimony to her that I know this is true, and that I´m grateful to see the change in her life, and pretty much I was just crying the whole time... But it was good. 

Another thing that I have really built my testimony in these last 4 months is the power of fasting. I´m really learning how important fasting is. I can really only think of one time before the mission that I really fasted for a purpose and not just because it was fast sunday. But honestly, there is so much power in when we fast for a purpose. Everytime that I have fasted while here, I have seen a miracle happen, for and example, read the last paragraph ;) I know that the Lord has given us the commandment to fast for 24 hours once a month for a reason. We should really ponder about what we´re fasting for, and pray about it too. So I invite you that next time you fast, to really pray about what you´re fasting for. Whether it be for family, yourself, trials, or gratitude, do it with your heart. 

I love you all, it´s good to hear from you! 

Love, Hermana Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment