Monday, July 20, 2015

And then there were two




Well I´ll start with the sad news first... So today we got a call and had special changes, and Hermana Valenzuela went to a different area. We´re pretty bummed our trio was only for a couple weeks, but I know she´s going to do great with her new companion. 

This week has really been all over the place, and really challenging for me, but I´ve really learned a lot. Basically one thing I learned is how much lack of sleep really affects me. For about 3 weeks I wasn´t sleeping well. I´d wake up around 12 for an hour, then I would wake up again at 5 and be up for the rest of the day. I woke up because I itched, but I thought it was just a side affect from Chincagua or whatever... Well I checked me bed and dad you´re going to kill me for stupidity of not checking when the problem first started, but I had bed bugs. Don´t know how because I´ve had the same bed this whole time, and they weren´t there the first time I checked... but I was not happy to say the least. But we got it covered now... literally. President George brought a mattress cover for me and we washed all of my clothes and called the doctor and now I´m sleeping light a rock at night and let´s just say it´s wonderful. But really, it was a tough trial for me. We were talking one day because I was really frustrated why I was sick all the time, and Hermana Ruvalcaba told me that sometimes we have to ask Heavenly Father what we need to learn, so I did. And I learned that I needed to strengthen my faith in the Lord. So that´s my goal right now, and I really liked Moroni 7:33 that I found in my studies, and I have that as a reminder now. 

So Maria de los Angeles was baptized this weekend, and it was a great experience. Just to see her so happy, especially on Sunday when she was confirmed, it´s really one of the best feelings you can get, there´s no other way I know how to describe it. 

I´m really grateful to be here, I´m loving every learning experience, even if they are a little frustrating at times. Love you all!

Hermana Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment