Monday, March 7, 2016

1 Year Down

I can`t really believe it, but it looks like 1 year down and only 6 months to go. It`s crazy, time here in the mission is so different. I really can`t believe that it`s already March again. There have been a lot of changes for me, and there`s still a ways to go, but I`m so grateful to be here. I was thinking a lot this week about a quote that our cross country coach always told us. "Run the first mile with your legs, the second mile with your mind, and the last mile with your heart." I have to admit that it`s been pretty true. The beginning of the mission was a lot of following my companions and trying to take everything in, and trying to just give it all of my energy... even though that usually meant nodding off in the lessons while my companion continued on... Luckily that`s one thing that has changed haha. The second part of the mission started off with a lot trials, internal and external. I still remember that the day I hit six months I spent in a clinic sick from Dengue. I still think the doctors were exaggerating and I could`ve just stayed at home to rest, but oh well. It really has been a battle of sickness, staying positive, try to change to be a better person, and rejection from a lot of investigators. Now we`re hitting this last part, and even though it should`ve been like this from the beginning, it`s time to work with all my heart. 

In this branch that i`ve been in it`s been hard. My companion and I have been trying hard to talk to everyone we can and do what we can, but there still isn`t progress. But, after a good talk the other night we decided that we still have things that we can change in ourselves to be able to Always have the spirit with us in our lessons. I`m excited to see what happens. It`s been really rough for me to be able to change and adapt to this area, but finally after a month I feel like we`re really going to make a difference here. 

Thank you for your support. Oh, and thank you for the Christmas Letters from the ward. Maybe I didn`t receive them for christmas, but I did receive them for my year mark so that was a great surprise! 

Love you all!
Love, Hermana Leavitt 

No comments:

Post a Comment