Thursday, March 26, 2015

Happy Easter - Halfway through the MTC





Mexico City Temple

This week flew by. It's kind of scary how fast it went by actually. Only three more weeks until I'm in Tuxtla Gutierrez, and I'm partially nervous because I know I'm nowhere near prepared yet, but I try to remember how far I've come in these three weeks and I get excited again. Once again it's just been another week of a lot of learning though! 

  Probably the thing that I've learned the most about this week is prayer and its importance for all of us. I was actually struggling a little bit in our lessons this week, I felt like I wasn't doing something right when it comes to getting to know the investigator, and I just felt something wasn't completely right with our lessons, I don't really know what it was. But I was just getting really hard on myself. Hermana Cook and I have been trying really hard though to figure out what we need to improve on though and it's gotten better. I think for myself the biggest thing is that I expect a lot out of myself, I always have, especially with sports too, so I think I was expecting a lot more from what I should be able to do rather than looking at how much I've progressed. Anyway, it was a couple days that I felt like this, and things just weren't getting better for me. So finally I decided to just pray, and I'll tell you, prayer works. Because the next day I felt so much better even though nothing had changed. Then later that day we were all paired off and practicing a situation and I was the missionary. Our teacher had come over to us and was listening, then he got up and grabbed a Preach My Gospel and came back to show me something and it was just an answer I needed to help me to teach better. I know that Heavenly Father is listening to us, and when we sincerely pray, he will help us. But we have to pray. 

   Something that was cool in one of the devotionals was that if we continue to pray in the language we are learning for the rest of our lives, we will never forget it. How cool is that! So if you're trying to learn a new language, try to pray, because I do have to admit, after I learned how to pray in spanish it has become easier to learn.  

   Today we went to the temple and it was pretty neat. Sadly it's closed until September so we just visited the visitors center, but it was still pretty cool. I can't wait to go to the temple in Tuxtla, I'm way excited to be able to go again. I have definitely missed the fact that it was only a ten minute drive, but it'll only make the experience that much greater. 

   So in our casa there are some latinas in the room across from us, and they have helped us so much! We think we were meant to meet them just because how much they've helped us out. One day last week we were locked out of our casa because our keys weren't working. They're just electronic keys. And so we were all talking and got to know them a little bit. They always tell us we have to speak "en puro espanol!" and they even bribe us with candy, it's pretty funny. One night we were singing in our room and they heard us so almost every night now we all sing together and it's really great, the spirit is so strong. 

  Oh, and we learned a joke this week from one of the elders. Que uno pescado dice a el otro pescado? Nada! (What did one fish say to the other? Nothing/Swim!) We told it to the latinas in our casa and they just laughed that it's definitely a gringo joke haha.

  Well there really isn't a whole lot that has happened this week, but I love you all, and have a great week!

Hermana Leavitt

Mexico City Temple








No comments:

Post a Comment