Thursday, February 19, 2015

Getting Ready

T- 2 weeks until I leave for Mexico! Honestly, I've had my ups and downs, but overall I am really excited. I know that a mission will be really hard, but I know that it will help me to understand and learn so much more.

There's a lot that goes through my head when I think about leaving. Part of me thinks, I get to go live in Mexico for a year and a half and help others and meet all these people and become a better person and it goes on and on. The the other part of me thinks, I'm going to go live in Mexico for a year and a half and I don't get to see my family or friends, I have to follow strict rules, and it's going to be a really hard thing. Sure, a mission is going to be really hard, but it will be so worth it.

Overall, I am just really excited to go to Mexico, and to serve the Lord. Call me sappy, but whenever I find myself doing things that are helping me to prepare, I'm usually skipping down the sidewalk after. Whether it be after going to the temple or walking home after my weekly check in with my bishop, I am truly happy, and that's how I know that I am doing the right thing. I know there's a lot that I can still do to prepare, I don't know if you can really be fully prepared, but I am ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment